- Community Service Learning
- Community Building in a Diverse Society
- Volunteer with non-profit organizations
- Develop and organize community service projects
- Intern at the University, in the community, and in the DC Metropolitan area
Creating a community among the approximately 100 diverse and passionate CIVICUS Associates is an essential part of the program. Students take a core set of classes, live together in Somerset Hall, and participate in community service projects. Though the citation portion of the program takes place during the students’ first and second years, many of our juniors, seniors, and alumni remain involved in CIVICUS.