Benefits of Living and Learning Programs
- Higher levels of academic confidence
- More likely to mentor other students
- Higher levels of engagement throughout college
- Building lasting firendships
- Interacting closely with staff and faculty
At the University of Maryland, living and learning programs provide students with the intimacy and connection of a small college, while also providing access to the tremendous resources of a large research university.
*Reference: Brower, A.M. & Inkelas, K.K. (2010). Living-learning programs: One high-impact educational practice we know a lot about. Liberal Education, 96(2), 36-43.